Information we may collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and email address, (i) when you (or other users) provide it to us, or (ii) from other YOM affiliates. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
How we may use information we collect
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for products or services you order;
- Customize the content you see on our website;
- Facilitate use of our website;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our website, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website; and
With whom we may share information we collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other YOM affiliates; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, nonpersonal information.
We may allow third-party companies, including Google and Microsoft, to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website in part to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. We may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, you can visit www.thenai.org.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain products or services;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address listed in the promotional email;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.